02 September 2008

A Pretty Fantastic Place To Lay Your Head

Hands down, my favourite place to stay in Ireland (Northern Ireland, to be exact) is a place called Clenaghans, located just outside of Belfast. If I didn't have an in with the owners of Clenaghans, there is no way I'd share this little secret with you.

It's a kickin' establishment with one of the best restaurants you've ever visited and 5 absolutely stunning self-service apartments. The small pub adjacent to the restaurant is exactly what you envision an Irish country pub to be: stone walls, corner fireplace burning peat, good banter and endless pints of beer. I honestly cannot praise this place enough to do it justice. Perhaps photos will help my cause?

View from the road


Kitchen & Sitting Area - Apartment 1


Outside View - Apartment 1


Upstairs Kitchen And Sitting Room - Apartment 2


Upstairs Sitting Area - Apartment 2


Oh who am I kidding. My words and these photos do no do this place justice. The remedy? Ring Ivan directly and book yourself a room. Tell him Elisabeth from Habitat sent you.

http://www.clenaghans.com/

2 comments:

Judy said...

This place looks charming, you lucky thing!
I must check out their website.

Anonymous said...

Wow. How charming! Can't wait to hear about your trip.